Engineering - Team Leader, CNC Milling
Job Title: Team Leader, CNC Milling
Responsible To: Workshop Supervisor
Salary: £31,000 pa
Kellwood Engineering is a small to middle-sized mixed fabrication and machine shop. Our unique selling point is that we carry out both of those engineering disciplines to a high standard. This creates a flow of challenging and varied jobs. If our standards aren’t the best, there is no reason for customers to use us. Founded in 1985 we are well established with a broad and varied customer base. Having continuously invested in up-to-date machinery, we are well equipped. As sub-contract engineers who aspire to ever more technical work, our constant challenge is to meet and exceed the expectation of our customers. We must be able to do things which are new to us without missing a beat. You, and the team with which you will work, are key to making customers want to return.
We want to take our milling team’s skillsets to the next level. In addition to the normal role of a CNC Miller as described hereafter you will support the development of other team members and facilitate their uptake of CADCAM.
The standard responsibilities of all our CNC Millers are:
- The manufacture of components in accordance with customer requirements,
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings,
- Reading and interpreting works instructions,
- Ensuring the most efficient methods of manufacture are applied,
- Quality Control - Self inspection of own work in accordance with the company QMS,
- Quality Control - Final inspection of manufactured components as stipulated by the Production Manager,
- Health & Safety/Environment - Ensuring Company Health & Safety requirements are followed at all times, including housekeeping, PPE requirements, and machinery operations.
- Time-served trades-person or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience,
- A wide range of experience in CNC Milling, on which you can draw,
- Capable of assessing a job and appropriately applying your experience to it, even if the precise requirements of the job are new to you,
- Competent and confident in Fanuc programming language, Sinumeric and/or Hypermill would be beneficial,
- Capable of working to tight machining tolerances,
- Capable of problem solving and
- Capable of 'thinking on your feet
COMPETENCY & PERSONAL BEHAVIOURS
- Enthusiastic for doing a good job efficiently
- Positive towards change management
- Methodical in your approach to a task
- Supportive of company policies, including QM & H&S systems
- Be a team player
- Supportive of company values of integrity, fairness & honesty
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Able to work well under pressure
If your skills and experience match the above description, then we would love to hear from you - please apply now!