ENGINEERING – Semi Skilled Operator
Due to continued expansion and new contracts, we have immediate vacancies for Semi Skilled Personnel within our Laser & Fold Team. A background working in an Engineering Shop would be advantageous but not necessary.
As a Semi-Skilled Operator, you will be working alongside colleagues assisting in the efficient operation of our state-of-the-art laser cutting and press brake machines in our busy fabrication workshop in Dumfries.
This would involve working within a team to load sheet material and unload and process the cut parts.
You would also help the press brake operators when required and perform general housekeeping duties.
RTITB Fork Lift Truck Operator e-card would be advantageous but not essential.
We are looking for flexible and reliable candidates with a hands-on, can-do attitude who are able to work on own initiative and work as part of a team.
Whilst experience of working in a workshop environment is important, we are keen to hear from individuals who have a keen interest in learning something new, working as part of a team and to a tight schedule. A good work ethic is required. On the job training will be given.
Competences & Personal Behaviours
- Enthusiastic, and flexible approach to work
- Positive approach to problem solving and ability to 'think on your feet'
- Able to perform in a team environment
- Assertive communicator
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Takes responsibility for achieving results
- Demonstrates awareness of own responsibility for QMS in the workplace
- Demonstrates awareness of own responsibility for H&S in the workplace
- Support company values
- Support company policies
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behaviour
- Take responsibility for own personal development
- Supports management, team, and colleagues
If your skills and experience match the above description, then we would love to hear from you - please apply now!