Engineering - Operations Controller
- Job Title: Operations Controller
- Department: Engineering
- Background: Fabricator/Welder
- Responsible To: Fabrication Shop Manager
- Location: Dumfries
- Salary: £To be agreed
Kellwood Engineering is a small to medium-sized fabrication and machine shop. We are well equipped, having steadily invested in new equipment over our 35 years. We must be one of the best to win new work. You will be a key to making customers want to return. It is anticipated that this job will be full time, although part-time would be considered. The salary offered will be dependent on experience. If you think you have the core skills, please apply now.
Due to growing demand from our customers, a challenging and interesting position has become available supporting our engineering managers across a wide variety of activities.
It would especially suit an experienced welder / fabricator who is either wanting a less physical life , or would otherwise like to broaden their experience within an office or would like to move to the inspiring location of Dumfries & Galloway.
The purpose of the role is to take pressure off the Fabrication / Welding and Machine Shop Managers. Training will be given where necessary. You will be asked to, amongst other things;
- Assist with estimates, primarily fabrication
- Plan and schedule work and suppliers
- Pland and schedule collections and deliveries
- Identify new sources of materials, services and products needed for our work
- Order materials, etc.
- Co-ordinate with production operators
- Assist the laser and fold team in programming our CNC fibre-laser profiler. This will be from the office as a back stop
- An experienced tradesmanm primarily fabrication
- Happy to learn and apply new skills
- A team player, able to create and follow standard procedures
- Able, with training, to learn and adopt computer processes
- A good communictor
If your skills and experience match the above description, then we would love to hear from you - please apply now!