ENGINEERING – MACHINE OPERATOR
Job Title: Machinist Operator
Responsible To: Fabrication Shop Supervisor
Kellwood Engineering is a small to medium-sized mixed fabrication and machining shop. Our unique selling point is that we carry out both of these activities to a high standard. This creates a flow of challenging and varied jobs. However, if our work is not of a high standard, there is no reason for customers to use our services. We are well established and well equipped. You, and the team with whom you will work, are key to making customers want to return to us.
We have recently bought a CNC laser profile cutting machine and two CNC press brakes. This was a massive investment in cutting edge technology. The successful candidate will help to maximise the turnover and profitability of work going through these machines.
- The operation of the machines identified above.
- The manufacture of components in accordance with customer requirements.
- Following works instructions provided, including Reading and interpreting simple engineering drawings.
- Quality Control – checking the components manufactured in accordance with Company policies.
- Health & Safety – ensuring Company H&S policies are followed at all times.
- A methodical approach to your work.
- The ability to remain calm in an environment where things are liable to change rapidly.
- Problem solving.
Competences & Personal Behaviours
- Enthusiastic about doing a job efficiently.
- Positive towards change management.
- Methodical in your approach to a task.
- Supportive of Company policies, including QM and H&S systems
- A team player AND capable of working on your own.
- Supportive of Company values of integrity, fairness & honesty.
- Able to work under pressure.
If your skills match the above, and your experience and career demonstrate that, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply now!