Engineering - Fabricator / Welder / Fitter
Job Title: Fabricator/Welder/Fitter
Responsible To: Workshop Supervisor
To provide operational support to management and colleagues in the day to day running of a sub contract machining and fabrication business. Ensuring that individual performance targets are met and the service is delivered in line with customer requirements.
As fabricator/welder you will be responsible for:
- The manufacture of components in accordance with customer requirements,
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings,
- Ensuring the most efficient methods of manufacture are applied,
- Quality Control - Self inspect components in accordance with company QMS requirements,
- Quality Control - Carry out final inspection of manufactured components as defined by the Production Manager,
- Health & Safety/Environment - Ensure Company Health & Safety requirements are followed during all operations, including housekeeping, PPE requirements, and machinery operations.
- You must be a time-served trades-person in the relevant discipline
- Experience within both workshop and site activities is desirable
COMPETENCY & PERSONAL BEHAVIOURS
- Positive towards change management
- Takes responsibility for achieving results
- Demonstrates awareness of own responsibility for QMS in the workplace
- Demonstrates awareness of own responsibility for H&S in the workplace
- Positive approach to problem solving and ability to 'think on your feet'
- Support company values
- Support company policies
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behaviour
- Positive, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
- Take responsibility for own personal development
- Supports management, team and colleagues
- Able to perform in a team environment
- Assertive communicator
- Be able to work well under pressure
If your skills and experience match the above description, then we would love to hear from you - please apply now!