Engineering – Laser & Fold Operator
Due to continued expansion and new contracts, we have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Laser & Fold Operator, supporting our Operations Controller in the daily running and scheduling of work to ensure maximum productivity.
We are looking for flexible and dependable candidate with a hands-on, can-do attitude who is able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Experienced in operating a flatbed laser you must have a good knowledge of sheet metals and be able to understand engineering drawing.
RTITB Fork Lift Truck Operator e-card would be advantageous but not essential.
Working alongside colleagues in our busy fabrication workshop in Dumfries, you will be responsible for the programming and operation of our Amada Laser and operation of the Amada press brake, ensuring nesting is as economical as possible to ensure minimum wastage. This position may also require you to carry out other production duties to support the production team, in assembling parts for a wide range of clients.
A good work ethic is required.
COMPETENCY & PERSONAL BEHAVIOURS
- Enthusiastic, and flexible approach to work
- Ability to communicate and liaise with internal and external clients
- Able to produce orders on time and to the correct quality standard
- An understanding of production targets and policies
- Positive approach to problem solving and ability to 'think on your feet'
- Able to perform in a team environment
- Assertive communicator
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Takes responsibility for achieving results
- Demonstrates awareness of own responsibility for QMS in the workplace
- Demonstrates awareness of own responsibility for H&S in the workplace
- Support company values
- Support company policies
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behaviour
- Take responsibility for own personal development
- Supports management, team, and colleagues