Engineering - CNC Machinist / Miller
Job Title: CNC Machinist
Responsible To: Workshop Supervisor
Kellwood Engineering is a small to middle-sized mixed fabrication and machine shop. Our unique selling point is that we carry out both of those engineering disciplines to a high standard. This creates a flow of challenging and varied jobs. If our standards aren’t the best, there is no reason for customers to use us. Founded in 1985 we are well established with a broad and varied customer base. Having continuously invested in up-to-date machinery, we are well equipped. As sub-contract engineers who aspire to ever more technical work, our constant challenge is to meet and exceed the expectation of our customers; that we can do things which are new to us without missing a beat. You, and the team with which you will work, are key to making customers want to return.
You will be operating CNC Mills in the manufacture of a wide variety of components to specification so as to meet customer requirements. In doing so, you will comply with our commercial, quality and safety procedures.
As a CNC Miller you will be responsible for:
- The manufacture of components in accordance with customer requirements,
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings,
- Reading and interpreting works instructions,
- Ensuring the most efficient methods of manufacture are applied,
- Quality Control - Self inspection of own work in accordance with the company QMS,
- Quality Control - Final inspection of manufactured components as stipulated by the Production Manager,
- Health & Safety/Environment - Ensuring Company Health & Safety requirements are followed at all times, including housekeeping, PPE requirements, and machinery operations.
- Time-served trades-person or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience,
- A wide range of experience in CNC Milling, on which you can draw,
- Capable of assessing a job and appropriately applying your experience to it, even if the precise requirements of the job are new to you,
- Competent and confident in Fanuc programming language, Sinumeric and/or Hypermill would be beneficial,
- Capable of working to tight machining tolerances,
- Capable of problem solving and
- Capable of 'thinking on your feet'
COMPETENCY & PERSONAL BEHAVIOURS
- Enthusiastic for doing a good job efficiently
- Positive towards change management
- Methodical in your approach to a task
- Supportive of company policies, including QM & H&S systems
- Be a team player
- Supportive of company values of integrity, fairness & honesty
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Able to work well under pressure
If your skills and experience match the above description, then we would love to hear from you - please apply now!